Call for PhD Papers
5th EAI International Conference on Big data and Cloud Computing Challenges (ICBCC ’18)
ICBCC ’18 is a two-day international conference on Big data and Cloud Computing Challenges to be held in VIT University Chennai Campus on March 8th & 9th, 2018 in association with European Alliance for Innovation (EAI), a leading community-based organization devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of Information & Communication Technology (ICT). ISBCC is now promoted as ICBCC.
Dr. Vijayakumar Varadharajan, Professor & Associate Dean, School of Computing Science and Engineering, VIT University, Chennai
Dr. Neelanarayanan Venkataraman, Professor, VIT University, Chennai
Technical Program Committee Chair/Co-Chair
Dr Ron Doyle, IBM Academy of Technology, USA
Dr. Lorna Uden, Staffordshire University, United Kingdom
Prof. Dr. Hamid Reza Karimi, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy
PhD Track Chair
Dr. Karmel A, Associate Professor, VIT University, Chennai
Goals of PhD on Track Session
- To foster research collaboration in emerging areas of Big Data and Cloud Computing research.
- To inspire early stage researchers developing a career in this field.
- To provide high-quality feedback to doctoral students by offering an opportunity for them to present their work to a group of mentors and peers.
Only active Ph.D. students are eligible to submit their contributions to the ICBCC ‘18 PhD on Track session. Authors should not have received their Ph.D. degree nor submitted their thesis before the conference. The submission should be primarily written by the PhD Scholar and must be presented by them.
- Scholars currently pursuing a PhD in a field related to Big Data and Could Computing are invited to submit papers that should not exceed 5 pages, including the bibliography and any appendix.
- They should clearly outline the research, its novelty, and significance, and provide at least one result from ongoing work.
- Submissions should include the title, student author highlighted, affiliation, e-mail address, postal address and abstract on the first page.
- Authors should mention supervisor(s) name (if not listed as coauthor(s)) and affiliation as well as any funding source(s) in the acknowledgments section.
- The submissions should indicate the stage of the PhD (e.g. early stage, preparation of viva/defense) and should follow general ICBCC‘18 submission guidelines and SPRINGER formatting (Refer: Author's kit section).
Paper Submission Deadline
15 October 2017
Notification and Registration Opening
10 December 2017
15 January 2017
8 – 9 March, 2018