Call for Workshop Proposals
5th EAI International Conference on Big data and Cloud Computing Challenges (ICBCC ’18)
ICBCC ’18 is a two-day international conference on Big data and Cloud Computing Challenges to be held in VIT University Chennai Campus on March 8th & 9th, 2018 in association with European Alliance for Innovation (EAI), a leading community-based organization devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of Information & Communication Technology (ICT). ISBCC is now promoted as ICBCC.
ICBCC 2018 will be hosting a series of workshops and invites the submission of workshop proposals. Workshops should emphasize current topics of particular interest to the community on the latest technical and business issues in Big Data, cloud computing and trendy topics, and should include a panel discussion that encourage the participation of attendees in active discussion.
Dr. Vijayakumar Varadharajan, Professor & Associate Dean, School of Computing Science and Engineering, VIT University, Chennai
Dr. Neelanarayanan Venkataraman, Professor, VIT University, Chennai
Technical Program Committee Chair/Co-Chair
Dr Ron Doyle, IBM Academy of Technology, USA
Dr. Lorna Uden, Staffordshire University, United Kingdom
Prof. Dr. Hamid Reza Karimi, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy
Dr. Sivabalakrishnan.M, Associate Professor, VIT University, Chennai
Workshop Proposal Format
Each workshop proposal (maximum 5 pages) must include:
- Title of the workshop
- Description of the technical issues covered, emphasizing the timeliness of the proposed workshop (1 page maximum)
- Workshop Organizers (names, affiliation and contact information), limiting up to 2 workshop chairs for half-day workshop and 3 workshop chairs for full-day workshop
- A short biography of the organizers (up to 200 words)
- Names of potential participants, such as program committee members and invited speakers (indication that speakers accepted to participate is a plus)
- Planned format of the workshop, including
- Unique, creative and novel workshops formats are strongly encouraged
- Number of participant expected
- Preferred day of workshop
- Duration of the workshop
- Draft of workshop theme
- A description of the publicity and promotion plan
- Workshop potential website address (if available at the time of the proposal - will be required later if the workshop proposal is accepted)
- If appropriate, a description of past versions of the workshop, number of attendees, duration of workshop, etc.
Please address questions to Workshop Chairs: Sivabalakrishnan. M (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Workshop Proposal Submission
Proposal submissions should be sent to the Workshops Chair by email as a PDF file attachment with the subject of ICBCC Workshop Proposal. Priority will be given to proposals that not only address an exciting topic but also promise a creative format likely to generate lively interactions and foster new ideas. Examples include bringing practitioners and researchers together, as well as facilitating multi-disciplinary discussions that can lead to high impact and transformative research.
Deadline for workshop submission:
15 August 2017
30 August 2017